Tuesday, November 18, 2008

When the energy is not good I should avoid the camera




With the beautiful snowfall we had recently, I can say beautiful now because it is November, October it was not beautiful, I wanted to get out and get some shots. I work a few other jobs and there has been some bad energy flowing through me about one of my jobs. I decided the other day to get out and get some shots (shots I have taken a million times in my mind) and I must say I was very disappointed. I came home with nothing. Well maybe not nothing...experience to learn from maybe. So I learned that maybe it is a good thing to avoid the camera when I am not in a balanced mood and maybe go out without any expectations of what my pictures "should" look like.




I have spent so much time working on that one job that I am neglecting my first love (or wait 4th love if you count my girls and my partner) I need to out taking photographs and creating beautiful things to feel good. So after the craziness of my "paying" job settles down then I will promise to get out and get snappin!




My boss http://www.robstimpson.com/ lent me a sweet lens and gave me a mini assignment to do. I did get out twice but was unsucessful. I might try again Thursday and I hope some of this winterwonderland stays with us till then at least.




No comments: